Have you tried the virtual assignment yet in Second Life? I was working on that today, thinking there is no way this can be translated into educationally sound purposes, when suddenly i felt sick to my stomach. Couldn't figure out why, but it got so bad i had to stop. I was surprised to find out that I react to it much like i do riding on a school bus these days. I get motion sickness using Second Life. Can you believe that? Anyway, another shocker was that i can now identify some really neat educational uses such as students visiting museums and foreign lands, or taking a trip back in time to meet famous historical figures. It's all quite futuristic, but i can see it really taking off. Especially if the destinations become real such as integrating Google Earth!
Rhonda, I hope everything is okay. I know you have had a lot on your plate lately. I agree with Tracey, if you get the time to look at Second Life, you will definitely have something to write about!
You have a nice layout for your blog, it fits you.
Have you tried the virtual assignment yet in Second Life? I was working on that today, thinking there is no way this can be translated into educationally sound purposes, when suddenly i felt sick to my stomach. Couldn't figure out why, but it got so bad i had to stop. I was surprised to find out that I react to it much like i do riding on a school bus these days. I get motion sickness using Second Life. Can you believe that? Anyway, another shocker was that i can now identify some really neat educational uses such as students visiting museums and foreign lands, or taking a trip back in time to meet famous historical figures. It's all quite futuristic, but i can see it really taking off. Especially if the destinations become real such as integrating Google Earth!
ReplyDeleteRhonda, I hope everything is okay. I know you have had a lot on your plate lately. I agree with Tracey, if you get the time to look at Second Life, you will definitely have something to write about!
ReplyDeleteYou have a nice layout for your blog, it fits you.